Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mt. Kinabalu on hold

Image taken from here

I was supposed to climb this magnificent mountain in early October. But after returning from my presentation to my big boss on the progress update, we now have to defer this last Expedition to next year. There are 4 batches of climbers scheduled for this year, of which 2 have already completed. The 3rd one is to go in Sept and I was put in the 4th batch.

I've been training for many months now, quite inconsistent at times but still try to put it a once a week hike, swim or run. 

Thank God I've not bought my shoes yet, cos that was going to cost me somewhere between RM300-500 for a solid pair. 

Oh well, there's always next time I guess with friends. The advantage of this excursion by the company was that all the cost was taken care of. If I were to go on my own, it would cost me somewhere between RM1200 - 1800 depending on flight prices.

No comments: