Monday, November 30, 2009

Ministry Volunteers' Appreciation Dinner

Last night was Ministry Volunteers’ Appreciation Dinner.. A night where the church appreciates all the volunteers of the church who have laboured their service with love.. There were 960 of us present.. It was the first for me.. Although I’ve been serving for a number of years now, I don’t remember attending one before.. I believe I was in Ipoh last year during the dinner..

We started of the evening in Maranatha with a short but powerful session of worship.. Then a 4-piece string quartet performed ‘Great is thy faithfulness’ and ‘Father in heaven how we love you’ – it was classic! Among the performers were Peck Sun, Melissa and Boon Hong.. (never knew Boon Hong played the chello! Haha)

Then Ps. Vincent and all the other language churches gave a report on their respective churches. It was encouraging to see the number of souls saved and the way God has been blessing the language churches..

Next, the highlight of the night for me was the ‘Cardboard Testimony’.. It was something that was done in Lakewood during their Building Pledge.. We talked about it at L-cell some months back and both Roger & Thay gave us the link to go check it out.. You can watch it here..

But yesterday’s cardboard testimony by the GT-ians was somehow more meaningful for me.. I guess cos I knew most of them up on stage and was able to connect to their ‘before’ status and seen how God’s has been really doing a good work in their life and how they now wholeheartedly serve Him..

One guy’s testimony (I think he’s from the Chinese church) was:

Before : In a Prison Cell
After : Now a Cell Leader

Naledi’s was:

Before : Against the idea of International Cells
After : International Cell Zone Leader

I was so touched by the testimonies of so many of them.. How God’s transformed them into beautiful man and woman of God.. Couldn't help but tear a lil..

Dinner.. Ah dinner.. so not what I expected.. It was a 10-course Chinese sit-down dinner.. The food as many would agree was so much better than some of the wedding dinners I’ve been to.. It was a great experience as well to be able to see most of the Africans eating fish, prawns, crab, shark fins soup, other types of seafood and the desserts for their VERY FIRST TIME.. The internationals at my table loved it!! But some other Bots, didn’t really enjoy it..

No comments: