Monday, November 16, 2009

Judge not.. only support

Had a heart-to-heart chat with 2 of my girlfriends sometime last week.. We were just suppose to have dinner to catch up but it turned out to be a sleepover.. sharing our hearts till the wee hours of the morning over tim-tams (that i curi-ed from someone, shhh lol) and kopi-o..

I shared with my girls something that I've never shared with anyone else before.. something that I've been keeping to myself for years.. Something that brings tears to my eyes and such heartache EVERY TIME I think about it.. It was such a struggle to have been going through it alone for so long.. But I thank God that as I shared it, there was such a release..

Trust. That was the only reason I was able to open up. I trusted my girls lots and decided to just unload on them.. They did not judge.. They did not condemn.. They did not look down on me.. They did however encourage, support and prayed along..

From past mistakes and life circumstances, I too have learnt to not be quick to judge on others.. That we are only human, that we too fall at times and it is in our weakness that God's strength may be glorified..

It took me a long while to trust them to be able to open up like that.. in fact, I surprised myself as well at how much I did say because I'm pretty selective on the people I speak to about my life as well as details of it..

But I guess God has his appointed time la... and it was high-time that I did speak about it.. Couldn't hold it in any longer or I would have become worse dwelling in it..

Girls:
Thank you for not judging.. Thank you for your support.. I covet your prayers.. May God continue to use our lives to minister to others.. Love you loads!! xoxo

No comments: