Friday, October 19, 2012

Meet Jewel


Aint she a beauty?'

This morning my dad woke me up at 715am to tell me that there's a beautiful bird in the house and my mum was currently carrying it. Took me awhile to register what he was saying, but as soon as he did, I dashed down.

And lo and behold it was this beauty!

A friend looked it up and said that it might be an Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher. We can't let it go at this point because it doesn't seem to want to fly much and just stays on the ground which would make it a sitting bait for cats and dogs around my area.

Surprisingly though, Bubba didn't go near it this morning. I'm not sure if he was being nice to not wanna disturb it or just too blur to event notice it on the porch.

Heading out to buy Jewel a cage and some food to possibly get her strong enough to fly again soon. 

No comments: