Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Craft : Felt Poppy Flowers

So I've not been one into arts and crafts, in fact when I'm asked to do craft, I get really tensed and stressed up. My cousins and close friends can attest to that. So what motivated me to do this? 

Well, there's a baby shower coming up for a very precious little girl and I got the inspiration from C who made it for another baby. Hers turned out so pretty and I decided to give it a try.

She shared the tutorial with me and I studied it for days and did not have the confidence to do it on my own. Asked a few peeps to help me out but somehow our timings never jived. 

So yesterday, I decided I'd just go get the material and give it a go. 

Voila!

Turned out quite pretty didn't they? I must say I'm quite proud of myself. I actually bought this really rich purple felt but for some reason it turned out blue-ish in the picture. 

The one on the left was my first try which took me just slightly over an hour. I felt that it was too big so made a smaller one for the precious baby, isn't it cute? Once I got the hang of it, the 2nd one took me only about half hour to make. 

I had some issues making the bud in the beginning because one of the pictures in the tutorial kinda confused me. But mum saved the day, as usual!. Thank God for creative mums!


Sewed on the smaller poppy to some stretchable lace.. and there you go - a pretty hairband. 

Since they turned out quite decent, I'm thinking of making a few more other colors. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet though, either stick on a hair clip, decorate my room with it, arrange it into a spray... 

For those interested in learning how to make these, you can get the tutorial from here.



No comments: