Thursday, October 25, 2012

Jewel's gone...

Remember Jewel? 

Well, she's gone. Sadly!

I went out that afternoon after work to get her a cage and some food (dry bird food & live worms - YES I was driving around with worms in the car). When I reached home, I washed the cage, put her in and filled it up with water. She was so frightened that we decided to just leave her alone for a bit.

Put the cage near the sliding door so she could get some fresh air and sunlight.

Walked to the kitchen and back to her and SHE'S GONE!!

This smartypants had seen how I opened the cage door and when I was gone used it's really strong beak to open the door and fly off.

I spent some time walking out side my house looking for it, because it didn't seem so well and didn't want to fly much. Just hoping that it's ok now and flying high and not sitting on the ground as an easy bait, which is how we found her in the first place.

All in all, I'm thankful for that few hours with Jewel. I absolutely adore kingfisher and it was súch an awesome thing to have one for a few hours, and what more a colorful beauty such as she. 

No comments: