Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Demise of Uncle Edward Lee

1 March 1949 – 20 Dec 2011

To many he was YB Edward Lee, but to me he was Uncle Edward. 20th December 2011 marked a very sad day for me. I lost Uncle Edward to a battle of cancer that he has been fighting with for 2 years.

It pains me so much that I didn’t get a chance to spend more time with him, to go out on more trips together, to ever call him ‘dad’ or the fact that he will never be able to play and spoil his grandchildren.

But the one thing that I’m truly grateful for is the assurance of his salvation and the fact that we do not grieve without a hope but cling on to a time that we will see him once again in heaven.

Uncle Edward was truly one of a kind. On many occasions he would share different stories with me and I was in such awe to meet a man of such integrity. He fought for good. He fought for justice. He fought for the people. This is far more than I can say about many other politicians.

A side that some of you may not know about Uncle Edward.

His Official Blog

Remembering Edward Lee

No comments: