Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fraser’s Hill – Dec 2011

The Lees planned to go to Fraser’s Hill for a week after Christmas and Uncle Edward had invited my family to join. Fraser’s has been their holiday getaway for many years, since the Lee boys were young. The family decided to go ahead with the trip.

After a tough week, the family decided to head over to Fraser’s for a shorter period. I thought it was a good move to go ahead with the short getaway. As tough as it was at times, as memories of Uncle Edward flood back and the overwhelming feeling of how much we missed him, I think the trip was somewhat relaxing for the family, or at least I hope it was.

This was my only 2nd time to FH. The first was in Sept 2007 for our very first YA Retreat.

But this trip made me fall in love with FH all over again. The Lees boys showed me different parts of FH that I’ve not seen before.
This is where we stayed. It was absolutely gorgeous! I really hope that the Lees will be able to book this house again in future. Sadly I didn’t take pictures of the interior, but it was the residence of the Sultan of Selangor’s home many years before. High ceiling, fully carpeted flooring, 2 long dining tables, beautiful window panes with old fashioned hinges and so much more.
 
Just one side of the lavish garden.

We were also served scrumptious food at each meal with appetizers, main course and desserts. And to top that, waking up to the sounds of birds chirping, cool crisp air is just wonderful.

I really hope that we will be able to return here this year.

No comments: