Monday, December 19, 2011

29 years

That's how long my parents have been married. It was their wedding anniversary two Sundays ago and I decided to cook them a special meal.

One of my favourite chef is Ina Garten also known as Barefoot Contessa. Researched up some of her recipes and looked through my new cookbook "Reader's Digest - Everyday Light Meals". (which mum got at a steal from Groupon)

The 1st appetizer was a Four Cheese Stuffed Mushroom. I learnt this from a different chef during my Pasta & Pizza classes a few years back. Never fails to please a hungry stomach.
2nd appetizer was Crostini with Thyme-Roasted Plum Tomatoes.

 This was what it looked like before it went into the oven for 1.5 hours. 

Voila!

For the main course : Fillet of Beef Bourguinon with Roasted Asparagus. While in the midst of making sure the beef cooked well, I overdid the asparagus. They became so crispy that they literally had a crunchy sound when biting into it. lol.

Dinner was washed down with a bottle of Chianti wine from Italy. 

For dessert, I made a fresh lemon-lime sorbet. Sadly I forgot to take a pic of this. Always a next time for that.

Overall I was pleased with how dinner turned out except that everything was a tad too salty and there wasn't enough gravy for the steak.

But encouragement from parents and J surely motivates me to cook these kinda meals more often.

1 comment:

Garima said...

Yummy:pfeeling hungry now