Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Church Etiquette

As in love as you may be with your partner, I think there should be some sort of etiquette when you’re in church.

Just last weekend I was sitting two rows behind a young youth couple. Not sure if they’re newly dating but they were so distracting!

The constant whispers and giggles, lying on each other’s shoulder, kissing the forehead, playing with the hair was just unacceptable to me. They even had to hold hands the entire praise and worship session. I mean, seriously?? How are you to raise your hands in worship when your fingers are wrapped around each other? Before one were to go to the toilet or wherever she was going, they had to have a brief hug.. and another when she returned.

There was even a friend of theirs who was sitting next to them and the poor girl felt so uncomfortable. At least it looked like she was from where I was sitting.

It really irked me a lot. I mean, someone should really sit this couple down and speak to them because their actions are very distracting and to a point slightly disrespectful as well.

No comments: