Monday, December 12, 2011

Chris Botti

Chris Botti.. ahhh I'm officially now a fan!

Nearly 4 months ago I purchased Chris Botti World Tour 2011 tickets for J's birthday present. I didn't know of Chris Botti and have not heard of his pieces before. But I knew that J really wanted to go see him live at the MPO so thought I'd surprise him with it.

And he was pleasantly surprised.

Unlike J, I still was no where near excited to see him.. until the day, 6th Dec arrived. The excitement built up slowly during the day with C posting different renditions and clips of him on FB.

When we reached MPO, we got word that his entire band was here to perform along with him. This was a real treat as we only expected it to be him and our MPO. But to have the whole band.. wow!

Billy Kilson, probably one of the best drummers I've ever seen played.

Image taken from here

I was at the edge of my seats for a few of his numbers and he even brought along 2 guest artist, one of which was Lisa Fischer. She toured with Rolling Stones for 17 years and has been with Chris Botti for the past 1 year. She's one amazing talent!

 Image taken from here

He also brought along Caroline Campbell. This stunning lady has such a wonderful presence when she performs.

Image taken from here

Since S&C had quite a few of Chris Botti's dvd and cds, we decided not to buy any. But paid quite a good sum for a poster of him and then lined up to meet with him face to face and get it autographed. 


Twas a very good night out and I hear that he may be coming to Asia next June again.

No comments: