Friday, April 8, 2011

It's come, it's nearly gone

I had my first taste of receiving a bonus payout end of last month. I was pretty pleased with the figure I received and immediately did up some calculations on how I would spend and save it. Thought of the many things I’d like to buy for myself.

Surprisingly, I’ve not used any of it to pamper myself, neither have I bought anything for myself.

It went straight to tithes, paying up my credit card bills, taking parents out for a nice meal and buying them something, bought a gift for someone, Missions trip to Sri Lanka in May and the rest I put into savings.

It’s amazing how that sum has just dispersed so fast. It’s not disappeared entirely because a chunk of it has gone into savings.

I’ve been thinking a lot about building my savings again and have been working really hard towards it. Was talking to a certain someone this morning, and he said to try to put aside at least 10-20% monthly from my salary, that’s doable. Just need to budget well monthly and cut down on the usage of my credit card.

But as much as we may plan and budget, at the end of the day our priorities also has to be set right. Tithing has been a part of me since young. My parents taught me at a very young age to tithe. Even when they used to give me RM10, I’d put aside RM1 for tithing. So much so now that when I received my bonus, I could give the 10% and more to the Lord with a cheerful heart.

Everything I have and own at the end of the day still belongs to God.

No comments: