Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm a convert

That was the message I whatsapp-ed one of my cellie.. He immediate called me back.. He somehow thought I had converted out of Christianity.. lol.. We were previously having a discussion on F1 as yesterday was my first experience as was his.. So figured we were still on the same page.. Obviously not haha. What a relief it was for him to find out that I was talking about the F1 race..

Previously the mention of F1 would not excite me.. I even had a friend few years back who offered me tickets, pretty good seats but I declined, simply because I didn't understand what was so great about it..

But yesterday, I was blessed with some really really good box seats.. and so decided to go for it, plus the company was good.. :P

That was certainly not a decision I regret!

The adrenalin rush you feel, Oh boy, it’s exhilarating. We were treated very well, and I don’t think I’ve ever been treated that way before..

Went to the race without a team to support, ended up supporting Hamilton only cos he was such a hottie. He dropped from 3rd to 7th placing, but his teammate Button won 2nd place..

Stayed on for the night concert – Rain from Korea performed. He’s a good dancer, but umm that’s about it. Thought he was so full of himself. His songs were either titled “Rainism” or they had lyrics which read “oh rain, go rain, it’s raining, it’s raining” or he would have a backdrop of raindrops while he’s singing a slow number. Hmm many were actually jumping and dancing to his tune, including guys. I just enjoyed his moves but that’s about it..

Although we got stuck in the jam for hours and barely moved, or the fact that we had to walk quite a distance to the circuit from our carpark, the whole experience of yesterday was truly fun fun fun!

Next year, it’s ONZ! Maybe Singapore to check out the night race?

No comments: