Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend came.. Weekend went..

I was so looking forward to last weekend by it passed by in a flash!

Didn’t get to sleep in on both days but rather had to wake up like before 6am.. =(

On Sat, I had to attend a HR Business Plan Workshop at our HQ in KL.. Session started at 8am and lasted through to 11am.. I was not really looking forward to it, being a Sat.. its suppose to be my rest day but was glad that I attended it.. (not that I had a choice la.. it was stated pretty boldly that it was compulsory haha)

Being a newbie here and still not knowing lots about the company, the workshop really gave me an insight to it. Got more in-depth information about our Regional Operating Model and our organisation structure. Business plans for all the units in HR were shared and I got an overall view of the business plans instead of a limited view of my own unit's business plans only. At the end of the session, we were required to craft our own Individual Development Plan for our own personal growth in order for us to be able to support the department's strategic vision and to perform our duties more effectively – here I was able to state the different units/departments that I would like to be rotated in future, the trainings that I would like to attend, the different ad-hoc projects that I wanna be apart of. So it was a fruitful 3 hours. Plus point also the session was fun, not boring.. Our Group Corporate Resources Director lead the session, and my that lady dynamic..

So yea weekend started off with a great start.. But everything after that just happened so quickly.. More updates later.. Got to work now..

5 comments:

Athalia said...

I had a great weekend too! Highlight was watching two movies and buying DVDs. Seriously. I may have been the only bride in the world who was more excited coming out of a DVD shop then a bridal boutique.

Unknown said...

haha are you serious??
what movies??

Athalia said...

On Saturday night it was Revolutionary Road on DVD and I finally watched Avatar (in 3D) the next afternoon!

Unknown said...

ah did you like Rev Road? I didn't enjoy it la..

Athalia said...

Hehe, I did, very much so, but I memang like these type of depressing character movies.