Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fresh from the oven

My auntie from Ipoh and 3 of my nieces from Sri Damansara will be coming to stay over at my home tomorrow till Monday.. I won't be around as I'll be going to Ipoh for Sam and Shanti's Ipoh wedding dinner.. hmmm.. still need to sort out whether I'm gonna be wearing a saree for the dinner or just go in a punjabi suit or a dress..

Anyways.. this just came out from my oven..



Amma asked to make some cakes and cookies to keep in the house for the girls when they come so they have something to munch on.. Been wanting to make a chewy like chocolate chip cookie for the longest time.. and while surfing the net I came across this recipe from Martha Stewart.. the recipe seemed simple and believable enough so I decided to try it.. Thank God it turn out nice.. Although I think I'll modify it a little the next time I make it cos I found it a wee bit too sweet this time...

I thought I had enough chocolate chips but the recipe asked for 2 cups, so I substituted the 3/4 cups that was lacking with chocolate rice..

This is actually my first time making chocolate chips cookies this big.. usually I make them in small bite sizes but thought a big cookie would be fun to eat.. I found that I actually prefer the cookies this size..

Last week for cell I made a Baileys Cheesecake.. After tasting it at Apartment, The Curve, I loved it and decided I'll try one myself since I had Chocolate Mint Baileys at home.. So I surfed the net for so long for the perfect recipe.. Most of the recipe uses nearly or more than 1kg of cream cheese which I think is just too much.. especially for a first time try.. So I halved the recipe to 500g of cream cheese...

The Outcome:

I didn't like it at all..

My cousins said it was ok just that it was a bit overcooked..

Cellies didn't input much... But those that did said it was ok..

I don't think I would ever do that recipe again.. That's the thing with recipes online.. Some work out great and some just don't.. So it's best to do it in small portions so nothing is wasted..

Menu to do tomorrow for the girls.. A cake (haven't decided on what type yet) and probably Pulut Hitam Kanji.. Since I have lots of Pulut Hitam at home..

No comments: