Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Results

I've been falling sick quite frequently recently and so decided to visit the doctor for the 3rd time in this one week. My fever's been up and down this whole week and have been feeling so tired and horrible. I'm also just started my 3rd dose of antibiotics.

Doc did a mini blood test (super mini-she just pricked my finger and came up with a whole lot of numbers)

Denggi - Nope! Thank God. Don't wanna be getting it for the 2nd time. It's no fun. My platelet count was 145. If it's below 100, then it could possibly be denggi.

H1N1 - Nope! Praise God. My infection rate or something was way above normal.

Dehydration - YUP! I hadn't been drinking enough water over the weekend so I was terribly dehydrated.

Red Blood Cell Count - LOW! My count was way below normal. Not sure why though.

Doc said that I'm taking longer to recover this time cos I'm not drinking enough water and getting tired easily as my red blood cell count is low. Also the antibiotics that were given earlier did not work as they were not strong enough. I've been taking Augmentin for sometime now, so the milder antibiotics will either not work for me or I'll take a longer time to recover. So now I'm back on Augmentin.

I feel a little better today, but not 100% yet. I still feel a little weak and tired.

I'll probably go do a full medical work-up this weekend, or once I'm completely better. It's been a exactly a year now since I last did it.

2 comments:

Little Miss Curious said...

Hey Michelle,

Love reading your blog - you're always full of encouragement!

Little Miss Curious said...

Hey Michelle,

Love reading your blog. You're always full of encouragement!