Sunday, September 21, 2008

My First Mission Trip

I've signed up for the Sri Lanka missions trip and will be going along with a team of seven on the 29th of Sept to the 5th of Oct.. It's been a week of mixed feelings - excitement, stressed, anxiousness, nervousness...

It's going to be my first missions trip.. I'm not sure on what to expect but am just trusting that God's going to move powerfully... and I'll be transformed..

I've never really thought that I would go for missions.. It was a very impulsive decision.. and now I'm glad I made it..

Must learn more about the nation of Sri Lanka.. God has already placed a burden in my heart for this country..

I'm really happy with the team that I'm going with.. I believe that we're all going to bond very well.. We've been meeting up weekly for prayer to prepare for the trip..

Will write more soon.. Very tired now.. Gonna head to bed..

2 comments:

ricomni said...

Hi Michelle, I just wanted to encourage you for your step of faith in going for the Missions trip to Sri Lanka. Reading that this is going to be your first missions trip reminds me of how I felt in 2004. That was when I had started my walk with God in the missions field of Sri Lanka, my very first such trip :) Since then, I had kept going back each year. The only regret I have is that I had not gone earlier. In fact I had just returned from Sri Lanka on the 4th of this month.It was my fifth missions trip to Sri Lanka.

What I can say is this ... Go, trust in God to lead you and allow Him to use you to touch the lives of the souls in that beautiful country that God loves so much. Do your best and trust Him with the rest ... He is faithful and will show you the way, just trust.

I am from Singapore, have not met you or know you before this day when I chance upon your blog. As it turns out, I had actually heard your senior pastor, Rev Dr Vincent Leoh, preached a few times when he was in Singapore.

Please allow me to keep you and your team in my prayers ok ? I know that His spirit will go with you. Serve Him, and enjoy serving Him :)

In His Loving Service
Ricky Lui

Unknown said...

Hi Ricky

Thank you so much for your encouragement..

I'm really looking forward to it.. Can't wait to see what God has in store.. I believe that He's going to move very mightyly among the people there.. =)

Thank you for praying along.. Covet your prayers.. =)

Michelle