Friday, July 1, 2011

Macaroon Class

I love macaroons..
Been looking for a recipe to make it, and even asked around but no one seems to have the 'right' recipes.. Those who do have it will not share as they make it for business, so that's fair.

Macaroon classes are really expensive, ranging from RM190 to RM250. I tasted one particular lady's macaroon, and it was the bestest ever! But her class was RM250 for 3 hours and I did not want to pay so much. So the hunt continued.

And finally Groupon decided to have a promo on it.. RM98 for a 3 hour hand-ons class to learn how to make macaroon from scratch.. I nearly missed but thank God I managed to buy it within minutes of the promo ending..

The chef, Nicholas Pillai is somewhat a renowed chef in the local arena.. Just called him up yesterday to make my appointment for the class.. It's on for the 30th of July 2011 @ 10am.. Maybe Roger will get some in time for his birthday if they turn out good.. *wink*