Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Movie Review: Ip Man

I watched this movie few days back with my parents.. Was not so keen on watching it at first cos I thought it was some superhero movie.. as the name was Ip Man.. but I'm glad I went along for the movie cos it was a really enjoyable one..

Here's the synopsis:

Ip Man is adapted from the life story of Ip Man, the grand master of the Wing Chun style of kung fu and sifu (master) of legendary kung fu superstar Bruce Lee. This movie will be the first important record of the master’s life. Ip’s persistent devotion to Wing Chun is a classic example of the love and respect shown to wushu and the freedom and spirit it represents. Ip Man is a concept, a spirit, a way of thinking - and it represent a new peak in Hong Kong’s wushu movies.

Michelle's Rating : 9/10

Mum has recently been very into Chinese movies.. She watched Red Cliff with my dad at the cinema and had been wanting to take me for it as well.. but as usual la I was too busy with assignments and other stuff to go watch it.. Red Cliff II is showing on 23rd Jan and mum wants to go watch it with me so bad that she went to Speedy Video the other day to get me the DVD of the first part and we watched it together when we came home.. So cute la she.. haha..


Even as we were watching Ip Man, mum started making all this Chinese gong noises.. It was hilarious.. I think dad's very happy that mum's showing an interest in Chinese movies so at least he has another kaki to go watch with..

No comments: