Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Icing my first cake

Last April I had the opportunity to bake a cake for my nephew, Tobias's 1st birthday.. It was just so exciting..

I've been baking for a few years now but this was the first cake I attempted to ice... Previously I would usually not ice the cake, or even if I do it would be really really simple.. maybe with just a little fruits or whipped cream.. I found icing a cake to be very messy.. and for years my mum has been wanting to teach me.. Somehow recently I got the interest to start icing and Tobias was my guinea pig.. =) Mum was just so delighted...

Tobias is a fan of Mickey Mouse so my cousin thought a Mickey Mouse cake would be great for him.. The cake was fairly simple to ice as I was able to get the tin with the exact shape.. It's not perfect but I'm happy with how it turned out, being my first time. Mum helped me out with the eyes and ears.. Hopefully I'll get better with practice..

In July I'm baking Jerome's 1st birthday cake.. He loves Elmo and just gives this gorgeous smile whenever he sees Elmo.. That would be a tougher cake for me as I don't have the tin, so I'll need to cut out Elmo on the cake.. Am still looking for the perfect picture of Elmo for him.. Will blog more about that once I finish the cake..

2 comments:

Crystal Chan said...

well done..~~~~~
looks good..,,,
did you rent the pan??

Unknown said...

hey babe..
thanks..
ya i did..
i rented this particular pan...
but i have one Elmo cake coming up to do next month..
that one got no pan.. so have to cut out the cake.. =)
so sad la that day couldnt visit your shop.. :(